The old thread owner was inactive, so I was given permission to revive this thread. Basically, this challenge is obviously based off of the Hunger Games series, if you haven't read the books or seen the movie, I suggest you do, they're really good.
First, go take this personality quiz to find out which District you belong in (Capitol included). Note that this quiz was not made by me, so credit to the creator of the quiz goes where credit is due.
Next, use this sign-up sheet and you should be on the list within a week.
Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black
1a. Your Pokemon must be certain types based on your District. The list is as follows:
1b. If you can not obtain a Pokemon of your types before you obtain your third badge, you may hack or trade ONE Pokemon of your District in.
1c. If you are playing on HG/SS, you may use Pokewalker to obtain Pokemon, if you have the option. If you play B/W/B2/W2, you may use Dream World/Dream Radar to obtain Pokemon. You can do this for as many Pokemon as possible, and none of them will count as traded or hacked.
1d. Legendaries are allowed if they are AT LEAST one of your types.
1e. The Fairy type WILL NOT be used in ANY of the District combinations. The Districts will stay the same. You can use Fairy-types if you want to and they share one of your types.
2. You MAY trade or hack a Pokemon just for the sake of evolution, however you don't have to evolve it if you don't want to.
3. After you defeat a Gym Leader, you have the option to form an alliance of sorts and adopt their type, enabling you to use up to three types. However, you may only do this for one Gym Leader; big alliances never work very well.
3b. The triplets, Cilan, Chili, and Cress, may confuse some people. You can only align with the one YOU beat, just to clarify for anyone playing Black or White.
4. If one of your Pokemon faints, you may not use it again, it is "dead". If all of your Pokemon "die", you lose and must start over.
5. HM slaves are allowed, but you must have only one and preferably your type. I realize that a few types can't use all HMs, so if the need be, it can be a different type.
6. You can only capture Pokemon that are in their first stage; the Hunger Games only accept kids as tributes (with only one exception - the 3rd Quarter Quell).
7. Hacks are allowed in place of your normal main series games, however they must be in the same region as the game it is replacing; for example, Fire Red Omega is allowed for Kanto, and Storm Silver is allowed for Johto. You may also use complete hacks, however they will be listed under a different section as the main series games.
8. Ultimates are not only allowed, but encouraged! An Ultimate is defined as at least three wins of the same District in at least three different regions.
9. In most games, the challenge ends when the credits roll for the first time, except in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, where you have to beat Red.
10. If, after being the Victor of five (5) Hunger Games, you choose to, you may challenge a Quarter Quell. You may challenge the first, second, or third Quarter Quell. The standards for the Quarter Quells are as follows:
Minor Champions (Won up to four Hunger Games):
Ultimate Champions (Won five or more Hunger Games):
Quarter Quell Champions: