View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013 (03:14 PM).
Oshakpop

GameFreak can't just keep releasing DS games to suit those who haven't got a 3DS. If they did that, they wouldn't go anywhere. They have to move with the times, and that means going onto the 3DS soon.

It's silly to continue a generation of main series games on a new gaming system; If they continued Gen V on the DS, they will probably have to stay close to the graphics and systems they have set so far. They aren' going to have any major change in graphics and game mechanics for the game from that of the ones before for Gen V. But at the same time, they aren't going to downplay what capabilites they can now acheive with the 3DS. They aren't going to create a 3DS game that doesn't fully utilise the features available now.

Thats why I think they will move onto a new generation. The 3DS is rapidly rising, and the DS is falling. While yes, this generation is shorter than many of the others, it kind of fits. Just because it's the end of the Generation, doesn't mean the chapter is closed. They can easily create the 6th Generation as one similar to that of Gen 2. Create a new game that is all brand new, but at the same time connected to Gen V. That way, Gen V and Gen IV are treated as sequels to each other in a way. It also means that they can move onto a brand new system and fully use what they have to use.

While I'm not sure if the next generation is to be announced next, I do feel like it will come soon. I feel like it would be more beneficial to wait a bit more for RS remakes and have them on the 3ds.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE | MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL