Thread: [Gallery] gl̸̛i̸t̀c̶̢h̵̀
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013 (06:35 PM).
{quixotic}
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by xxkaylabby:
those are amazing. i love how you have your own art style.
i like how in each one, a color stands out which makes it nice.
you should try adding text to see what it looks like.
one thing i would work on is try not making it too dark, but that might be your style.
can't wait to see more.
I actually do include text in a lot of my pieces, I guess it was just coincidence most of the ones I chose didn't have any. ;D
I do tend to like darker colour schemes, and again, I have done lighter pieces (coincidence again) but my better works tends to be darker ones.
Thanks so much for the comments though! <3

Quote originally posted by Alexial357:
Those textures and colors are just so intense in the most amazing way. I love how obscure and dark the themes are without deliberately using generic imagery.

I think this particular piece stands out the most to me. The detail and placement is very powerful, I just can't make out what the text says... although it looks great!

This one, while I love the subject, doesn't seem as strong as your other pieces. However, it's still fantastic in and of itself.

You should really post a revamp of your old gallery. I've never seen it, but I'd love to after seeing all this! Your work is fantastic, please post more of it! :]
That first little paragraph is possibly the nicest thing someone's said about my work, so thank you!
The text on the cow piece says 'porterhouse.' Talk about dark imagery. ;D

My old gallery is here, 'chromophobe' if you are interested in having a look, but I won't be remaking it. I'll be posting works I do from now on.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Here are some more pieces from the very end of last year.