View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013 (07:34 PM).
give me the words
CS

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by droomph:
Well, you said to…

I'm just gonna say here, the popularity contest are kinda rude tbh. I mean, I kinda already knew that Forever, Hikari, all those people, they're by no doubt popular, they deserve it, and I'm sure as hell not questioning that they're more popular than me, other people, whatever. But this is just pushing in my face "you're not cool enough" type of thing. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but that's what it felt like.
First off I'd just like to point out that no matter what we do, there's always going to be a part of MOTY that is influenced by popularity. That's like any, if not most, other contests in the world that require voting.

Personally I found a few of the topics a little too aimed at certain members but overall, I really liked this year's layout. I was a little let down by the inactivity the voting threads in most of the sections had, but I suppose it's - like many of you said - having to visit the sections served as a deterrent. Although, it's only a few clicks away to get to a certain section's voting thread (3 simple clicks, so...yeah, I think it's also down to laziness.)