[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)
View Single Post
January 3rd, 2013 (9:50 AM).
What happens if I push it?....
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Originally Posted by
well, theres a few questions but some background things are i know how to do stuff for the most part, but there are a few things im not really sure about, also, im doing a firered hack
1. can i make the overworld sprites for people completely in monochrome, save for a few?
2. is it possible to make a whole map at once monochrome, and then later make different things in color?
3. if not, is there another way to do it?
4. how do i make the healing circle thing in lavender tower work, stepping in the circle and getting healed
the reason i want to know these things are because im trying to make a creepypasta-ish hack, with almost everything in black and white save for a few things to make everything feel more "off"
edit, i found another thing i need help with
5. im trying to mae it so that all the water in the game will be red, i've looked at the palettes and cant find the normal surf water in red, might need a bit of help with that
1. You can do whatever you want with sprites, especially since you can use JPAN's hacked engine and have as many pallets as you please. To do this, I would say just redo all of the palletes to create the monochrome effect you are looking for, but save one or two (if you're not going to use JPAN's hack, which you could just make more) and use those to color your "normal sprites".
2. I have no idea, but I believe it would involve a map script. The "previously on your quest" is able to make any map look black and white, so it is possible to change a maps color. hmmm
3. You could have two maps, one in monochrome and one in color. Every warp would have to be a script and depending on a flag you would go to either the monochrome one or the colored one.
4. Script! You could copy the one in Lavender Town or write your own. Little tutorial that I found a while ago, hopefully it will help:
The "fadescreen" command can be used to create the flash and "special 0x0" will heal your Pokemon.
5. Your gonna have to redraw the water in red, along with it's animation. Here's some options:
"Okay tutorial but all of the pictures are messed up"
"a general animation tutorial"
Originally Posted by
When I applied Jpans hacker, I got a problem in a few of my maps.
In AdvancedMap, when I went to the events tab, the map was gone; Like I can't see the map in the events tab, but I can see the map in the other tabs. I am not able to put new events in on those maps anymore. Anyone know a way to fix this?
I know that if there aren't any events on a map, it won't show the map, but I don't understand not being able edit the events.
Just a couple questions to help anyone understand what is going on:
1. Were you able to edit events before applying JPAN's hack?
2. Did you clean your rom with JPAN's cleaner?
3. Did you make any modifications to the rom before applying the hack.
4. Did you use the patch and do everything, or did you use the tool and select only certain things or everything.
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to karatekid552
Find all posts by karatekid552
Find threads started by karatekid552