View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Thank you for providing me an example of people demanding pure original blockbuster films and no more movies based on books/comics/TV shows/games/plays and remakes/sequels/reboots.
My dear girl, most films and certainly some of the best films of last year are adaptions of books, plays and comics. If Hollywood were to stop making movies based on books then they'd be lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
As for a movie I want to see - Taken 2. I recently watched Taken on TV (TBS, if I recall) and it was much better than I thought it was going to be when it was released (what, two years ago?).
I'll spare you the effort and say that Taken 2 is not a movie you really want to see. It's almost a remake of the original Taken, the plot is so similar. Though that's not really my grievance with it, if it's not broken, then don't fix it, yes? My problem with it is that the performances by the cast left something...missing, it looked tired. Neeson actually looked more youthful as the film went on, don't ask me how, but yeah, the film was lacking. Save yourself the energy and watch Die Hard instead.