Thread: B2/W2: But... why Nintendo DS?
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2013 (12:06 PM).
im sexy and i know it
Nature: Adamant
Originally Posted by dragonnathan025 View Post
It doesn't seem to be too much of an issue to adapt between systems, look at the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. You can play it on Gamecube, or its upgrade, the Wii. So, why couldn't they do it for Black 2 and White 2?
The Wii version of Twilight Princess isn't an upgrade. Twilight Princess began development as a Gamecube game, and was always intended to be released on the Gamecube. But because the development period took so long, it became the last Nintendo-published Gamecube game released, and also a Wii launch title. The ONLY enhancements in the Wii version is the motion control when shooting something, and the entire game is horizontally mirrored in order to make Link right handed (he's left handed in all other games). The graphics between the Gamecube and Wii versions are EXACTLY THE SAME.

And also, there's a much greater difference between the DS and the 3DS, in comparison to the Gamecube and Wii.

Gamecube ---> Wii
is the same as
Game Boy ---> Game Boy Color
DS ---> DSi

DS ---> 3DS
is the same as
Wii ---> Wii U

It seems to me that Gamefreak doesn't like jumping on the bandwagon too quickly, and likes to take time developing new features. I think it was a smart decision to start their venture into 3D/AR Pokemon with the Dream Radar app.
Also keep in mind that Game Freak was the first company to receive 3DS dev kits, meaning that they're probably been working on a 3DS Pokemon engine since 2009.