View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Already we have two people with perfectly opposite opinions. And this is great, because it shows the wide spectrum of opinions here. To come in and say "(insert hack here) is horrible at (insert category here) and does not deserve to win (come second/come third) in it at all. People don't get it." is basically saying the people who voted for it are not allowed to have an opinion.

LC and CrystalDust got awards for things like mapping because they had to recreate the original maps. I used to remake original Rollercoaster Tycoon maps for use in the newer games (currently up to RCT3, likely not going to be a future one). Trust me when I say this: remaking an original classic map or level is NOT a simple task. It's much easier to create a new map than recreate an existing one. One tiny tiling error and it's not perfectly cloned, and thus fails from a mapping standpoint.

So they deserve these awards like anyone else, and people have a right to choose who they think are the best.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.