Thread: Video Games DCC
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I wouldn't want motion controls. I mean, I am not an athletic person. I don't want to have to jump around in my room just to play a video game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Older gamers are too use to the old ways of video games and despise motion controls, giving them the reputation of being unfit.
I'm a boxer. I love boxing. I shadow box everyday and when I have the chance I exercise as well. And I still hate motion controls for the most part.

But it really depends on the game. Like I said, I'm a boxer, so when I bought Punch Out for the Wii I was so excited to try out my combinations and see if they work. (Probably not because Lil Mac is SO SLOW) Right when I started the game I tried to do a left jab and stupid Mac did a left body blow. Every time the guy kept doing a body blow. I checked the controls and apparently I had to press up on the d-pad to do a proper jab? No, screw that, not my problem Lil Mac is so little. After that I still kept on using Wiimote + Nunchucks because I thought it'd be good exercise stretching my arm but because the controls are so unresponsive and Mac is so slow I had to waggle. After losing so many times in the World Circuit against Soda Popinski I gave up and switched to Wiimote so I can play Punch Out with its classic controls and won on my first try. (And then proceeded to lose against Bald Bull shortly afterwards.)

But I love Skywards Sword. If anything it's the only thing I even liked about that game halfway through. A lot of people blame the motion controls for why they hate Skyward Sword, but really it's the weird design decision throughout the whole game. I stopped midway through the game because of the horrible padding but whenever I think about the game I keep wanting to slice some monsters.

It doesn't have to do with anything about being fit or lazy. It's how the game uses the motion controls.

On topic, I actually tried kinect sport boxing in a local store and good god it sucks. Not only can't the Kinect sensor keep up with my fast combination, but I can't even dodge. I don't even know how to deal damage either, because a proper right straight did as much as a left jab. :/