View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2013 (02:51 AM).
Hi I'm dawg
Team Kanto

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote originally posted by waw:
1. Leafeon evolution -> can anyone tell me how to open up the raw ASM of the game? Where you could edit something like this? (Eevee evolutions). I can't find it.

2. Thanks!
3. Thanks!
4. Thanks!
5. Thanks!

Looking at the script is hard for me, and its hard to know how to write it from a noob stand point, but those helped, and I was able to find a few others in line with all of that. Still got a couple of questions.

1. Editing Ruby Intro - (NOT title screen) - the text and Birch sprite. Apparently Text Editor works, but for me, it is all messed up. Any text edited in the intro (even those without making it repoint/go too long) messes up text ELSEWHERE (dialogue) in Littleroot.

2. Opening Sequence- Ruby has that cursed truck scene (which I'm utilizing) but I'm having trouble editing all of the dialogue! (After setting the clock, the mom comes in, after rescuing Birch, he goes into a rant in the lab with questions). No matter what part of the script on my ADVANCE MAP and PKSV I open up, this isn't showing up. Again, A-TEXT is failing me here. Recommendations or thoughts?

3. PKSVU has a script generator and there are various PKSV command tutorials out there, but what i cannot seem to find is the merging of scripts.

For example of the most complicated I would like a trainer to:
Ask a question, if yes, then battle.
If won, give pokemon/item/egg.
Then the trainer walk away/disappear like the rival.

This basic string of code is something I would really like to use. I'm seeing them in the tutorials but not exactly explaining the mixing and matching. (Maybe they are and I'm too dumb to catch it).

4. Advance Map has no highlight/copy/paste method for its tiles does it?

5. Lastly, and mostly out of interest, has anyone created map packs of Kanto/Johto for R/S/E to be uploaded via A-MAP? While this really isn't necessary, it could be super fun to mess around with.
1. A-text is the best way to edit the text but if you're having problems then do it manually and use a hex editor to edit the text in it.

2. You're just editing the dialogue? I recommend you using XSE rather than using PKSV it's much easier and is more widely used. And it may be because your text is larger than the text before I recommend you repointing the script by replacing the offset with a pointer and compile it again your new text should work.

3. Mixing matching? You can just put them in one script and there will be no arguments. I really recommend you using XSE.

So the script that you want would be something like this in XSE.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @question 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @no
end

#org @yes
msgbox @great 0x6
trainerbattle 0x3 0x(Trainer ID) 0x0 @win
msgbox @after 0x6
giveegg 0x1
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
giveitem 0x4 0x5 0x0
msgbox @takecare 0x6
applymovement 0x(Person Event No.) @move
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x9
hidesprite 0x(Person Event No.)
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @no
msgbox @ok 0x6
release
end

#org @question
= Hey \v\h01!\pWould you like to have a battle\nwith me?

#org @great
= Great!\pI won't hold back though!

#org @win
= What?!\pHow could I lose?

#org @after
= Pretty nice battle \v\h01!\pIt was so much fun, even though I\nlost.\pI'll win next time anyways!\pOh, and here are some things from\nme to you.\pA Bulbasaur EGG, Pikachu, and 5\nPoké Balls!

#org @takecare
= Take care of them \v\h01 ok?\pWell, I'll be going now, I'll be\nseing you later.

#org @ok
= Ok, come back if you change your\nmind.

#org @move
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

Here's the explained script.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000 <- Where XSE will find free-space to insert your script.

#org @start <- Starts the script.
lock <- Locks the player to the NPC.
faceplayer <- The NPC will face the player.
msgbox @question 0x5 <- Makes a textbox with a yes/no multichoice box appear. It makes the text on the "@question" appear.
compare LASTRESULT 0x1 <- Checks if you choose "YES" as your answer.
if 0x1 goto @yes <- If it is true that you chose "YES" then the script will continue or go to the pointer "@yes"
compare LASTRESULT 0x0 <- Checks if you choose "NO" as your answer.
if 0x1 goto @no <- If it is true that you chose "NO" then the script will contninue or go to the pointer "@no"
end

#org @yes <- Pointer "@yes" serves as a bookmark of this part of the script.
msgbox @great 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "@great" appear.
trainerbattle 0x3 0x(Trainer ID) 0x0 @win <- Makes a battle to start with a trainer, replace "(Trainer ID)" with the Trainers ID no. (You can edit Trainers using A-Trainer), 0x3 is the trainer battle type and there are many types of it which is explained in my tutorial here. And the pointer "@win" refers to the text to be displayed when you defeat your opponent.
msgbox @after 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "after" appear.
giveegg 0x1 <- Gives a Bulbasaur Egg.
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 <- This gives you a Level 5 Pikachu.
giveitem 0x4 0x5 0x0 <- Now this one gives you 5 Poké Balls and displays a script at the end that you received the item that you gave to the player.
msgbox @takecare 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "takecare" appear.
applymovement 0x(Person Event No.) @move <- This is a movement command and replace "(Person Event No.)" with the Person Event No. of the OW you want to move. (You can view that in Advance Map.) And the pointer "@move" refers to the movement that is going to be done.
waitmovement 0x0 <- Waits for the movements to finish.
sound 0x9 <- Makes a door sound, since you want the person bearing this script to disappear in the house by goignout.
hidesprite 0x(Person Event No.) <- Hides the sprite of the OW that has the Person Event No. it uses.
setflag 0x200 <- Sets the flag 200, put it in the Person ID so the OW will dissappear forever!
release <- Releases the player, this is needed to be in the end of the scripts if you put a "lock" command at your script.
end <- Ends the script.

#org @no
msgbox @ok 0x6 <- Makes a normal textbox to appear that will close after you click when the text is finished. It makes the text at the pointer "ok" appear.
release <- Releases the player, this is needed to be in the end of the scripts if you put a "lock" command at your script.
end <- Ends the script.

#org @question
= Hey \v\h01!\pWould you like to have a battle\nwith me? <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@question".

#org @great
= Great!\pI won't hold back though! <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@great".

#org @win
= What?!\pHow could I lose? <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@win".

#org @after
= Pretty nice battle \v\h01!\pIt was so much fun, even though I\nlost.\pI'll win next time anyways!\pOh, and here are some things from\nme to you.\pA Bulbasaur EGG, Pikachu, and 5\nPoké Balls! <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@after".

#org @takecare
= Take care of them \v\h01 ok?\pWell, I'll be going now, I'll be\nseing you later. <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@takecare".

#org @ok
= Ok, come back if you change your\nmind. <- The text to be displayed in pointer "@ok".

#org @move <- The movements to be done in pointer "@move". #raw 0x10 = One Step Down. You can view the full list of the movements in my tutorial.
#raw 0x10 <- One Step Down.
#raw 0xFE <- Ends the movement.

4. There are, there's multiple buttons on top of the A-map tab like the paint and select etc.

5. Map Packs? What are those? :3