View Single Post
Old Posted January 5th, 2013 (03:10 AM). Edited January 5th, 2013 by Cutlerine.
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
Would that perhaps work? Instead of saying "must get ten reviews in for the month of December" (a goal very very few of us were able to achieve), perhaps have it be five or even lower? Maybe four? That would be one review a week for that month.
My knee-jerk reaction to that was that that was far too few, then I remembered how many reviews I actually did during December, so... Nn. I guess five's a reasonable number - four does seem too few - and it would probably actually be doable. I'm still uncertain about December, though... it seems to me like that's a month where, while many of us may have more free time than usual, we're not all that likely to be spending that free time reviewing other people's stories. We could give December a try next year with a lower Review Achievement Threshold (to give it the snazzy title it deserves), or R.A.T., but if it fails again I'd be inclined to write it off as a Month of Dead Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
I was thinking of really general discussion threads so we could at least learn what the writing process is for other people, or other small things like that. Right now, I can't think of any, so if there's anyone with some ideas about discussion topics, I'd love to hear them.
As would all of us, I think. The more I think about 'general discussion' as a starting point for ideas, the more I realise that I don't actually know of anything I would suggest to discuss generally. If all else fails, I suppose we could set up a general discussion thread to discuss what our topic of general discussion is going to be - which, while sounding like a joke, might actually kickstart a discussion and grow into a true discussion thread.

I've now used the word 'discussion' far too many times for one post, so I'll take that as a sign I should stop talking about discussion threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic View Post
I would think having a general discussion about literature in general would help with community, or any other fun-filled thread with unicorns and fire-breathing binders.
Couldn't agree more. Fire makes most things a little better, and renders binders unimaginably so - and literary discussion is always a good thing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic View Post
Just throwing apples peaches at the wall here.
Hail, peach-throwers. Our arms are untiring and our aim accurate.

F.A.B.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.