View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
All evidence IMO points to new gen games to be released in late 2013. They could even be set in Hoenn, but I think Hoenn was already fully fleshed out in the GBA. I think a Hoenn remake, much like a Sinnoh remake, or any other remakes for that matter, would be a step back for the series.

Also, the first game in a new console has never been a remake:

GB/GBC: Red/Green
GBA: Ruby/Sapphire
DS: Diamond/Pearl

Another reason I think it's a new gen is that they probably want to introduce something new regarding the battle system. 5th gen was the only generation in which the battle system wasn't substantially modified; all we got were new abilities, items, moves, and obviously new Pokémon. With the higher processing ability of the 3DS, I'm expecting something groundbreaking.

Remaking Hoenn also wouldn't be a wise idea financially, I believe the 3rd gen was the worst selling generation ever. It may have been because of it being on the GBA, though. In fact, considering this, I'm not sure where all those Hoenn fans are coming from lately... May have something to do with the fact most people currently into the franchise started with RSE and naturally feel nostalgic about their first game... Much like I was very nostalgic about the original games (I started with Blue version at the age of 12).

The Hoenn references in BW2 don't necessarily mean they're developing remakes, they may just have thrown a bone to Hoenn fans as some compensation for not making a new Hoenn game...

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Cerberus87; January 6th, 2013 at 01:58 PM.