View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:20 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I adore Disney, or at least the myth of Walt (and the parks), but I want them to get back in the game of "traditional" animation. They innovate and push technological advances and techniques with their films, but lately... no one wants to see them. Even towards the end of the so-called "Disney Decade", films like Tarzan should have done better. Open Canvas (I think that's what it was called) gave a great effect. Atlantis. Fantasia 2000.

Today, look at how wonderful Paperman is. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

I wish Princess and the Frog did better. They need to separate traditional animation from musicals I think. Pixar has shown you don't need musicals. Not that I don't want to see them. I do. But the big "comeback" was just another musical princess movie which is kind of what they need to get away from.

And I see Pixar as Disney because they own them. But not true Disney as they are different studios. But... The Nightmare Before Christmas and Roger Rabbit weren't under Disney banners initially either.

I think Iger's been great for the company. Eisner was terrific until the end of his run. He became his own worst enemy and was slowly destroying the Disney legacy. I was totally behind Roy's "Save Disney" initiative.

Also, the "subliminal messages" stuff is largely bogus

Last edited by TRIFORCE89; January 10th, 2013 at 05:58 AM.