View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2013 (5:34 PM). Edited January 16th, 2013 by karatekid552.
What happens if I push it?....
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Originally Posted by raging-inferno-1986 View Post
Please can anyone help? Thank You.
I am fairly certain that flag 0x2F1 has to be set not cleared. I'm going to check some of my old posts and confirm this.
edit: oh wow, haha it was you that asked this question in Simple Questions. umm at that time I had looked at the Vermilion guy script and the only requirements were that you had the item and those flags were clear. Let me look again. I'll edit this post within an hour to tell you of my findings.

Okay, there was nothing wrong with your script, except that XSE, at least on mine, requires callstd 0xY.

Ex: yours was:
msgbox @1 0x6

What it needs to be:
msgbox @1
callstd 0x6

Don't know why, but it worked that way.

Here is the completely working script I used. I tested it 3 times and it should work to perfection.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1
callstd 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2
callstd 0x6

#org @done
msgbox @3
callstd 0x6

#org @take
giveitem 0x173 0x1 0x0
msgbox @3
callstd 0x6
setflag 0x200
clearflag 0x2F1

#org @1
= Hi!pWould you like an AURORA TICKET?.pIt will allow access to BIRTH ISLAND. 

#org @2
= That's okay. I'm sure someonenelse will enjoy it.

#org @3
= I knew you would want it.

Edit: I am adding this all of my old posts dealing with callstd instead of an inline command. Jambo51 enlightened me to the fact that I was using an old XSE (v. 1.0.0) in which inline msgbox commands are not supported and you must callstd. In v. 1.1.1, the inline commands such as MSG_NORMAL are supported. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Paired with Simba