View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013 (02:42 AM).
Shinigami21
Unhatched Egg

My Desmume 9.9 JIT( not official ) Is A lot Faster Than The No$GBA emulator.
and my desmume 9.8 is kinda faster too.
NO$GBA graphics is a FAIL for me. the opening of pokemon black 2 just show a white screen on the bottom screen, reason bad graphics.
here is a thing i found which is true.
{DeSmuME runs too slow!
Yeah, for you and everyone else. New releases may always be a step backwards in some (or many) cases from earlier releases in terms of speed. There is a delicate balance between compatibility and speed and sometimes one advances further than the other.
I will be frank: DeSmuME focuses more on compatibility and perks than on speed. Our philosophy is, you can always mow some extra lawns or babysit some more rugrats to buy upgrades for your computer; but there's nothing you can do to fix compatibility and perks. We take care of our side of things, so you should take care of yours.
At any rate, here is the master list of tricks to speed things up:
Don't use external BIOS images.
If you ARE using external BIOS images, (or must for some reason) try enabling Patch DelayLoop SWI
Try switching between OpenGL Renderer and Software Rasterizer. You may not like the results, but it may get you more speed.
Disable this option: Config > Emulation Settings > Enable Bus-Level Timing.
Use Dual SPU in the Sound Settings, and don't use Advanced SPU Logic.
In the Sound Settings, set interpolation to none.
If you can handle it, turn off the sound altogether. Try listening to a shoutcast instead; I recommend happyday new age or ah.fm!
Don't use the NOSSE2 build.
Don't use someone else's unofficial "SVN" build, it probably is not fully optimized, since we make our Windows releases using some profiler-guided optimization, which helps by several FPS.
Use frame skip. Even frameskipping by 1 will help and many games will stay playable. Frameskipping is continually tweaked in each release to get more bang for the buck, but beware that dual screen 3d games still may not work well under frameskip. If screens seem stuck, pick a different frameskip value.
There is now the option of disabling an entire screen. (Tools > View Layers > Main GPU, etc) Consider disabling a screen which is useless in the game you are playing. NOTE: View > LCDs Layout > One LCD *WILL NOT* increase your speed. This merely hides the lcd, but it is still rendered. This is important for dual screen games and other weird cases.
Don't scale the window anything different than 1x and don't use resize filters.
If you are using the software rasterizer, disable edge marking and fog if you feel like they aren't needed. If the game isn't using those features then this won't help.
Buying a newer, faster computer is somewhat more expensive, but it has other side benefits.
Don't use a netbook.
If you're using a laptop/notebook, try disabling power management or setting the system to run in maximum performance. Desktop users should consider investigating this too, just in case. Additionally, desktop users should investigate whether their system is clogged with dust, or a fan is malfunctioning, or a heatsink has fallen off of a chip. Tons of people run into these problems, believe it or not. Finally, all AMD users should disable Cool'n'quiet which doesn't work worth a crap.
Your graphics card is irrelevant. Upgrade your CPU.}