View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013 (04:37 AM).
Goblinaro
[Insert creative title here]

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
The only problem is, you buy the 3DS to play pokemon, but what else? You can't just buy a new console just to play 1 or 2 games on.
The moment I saw the 3DS at E3 2010, I started saving up and bought it on launch. And I have never regretted the decision.

There may have used to be a deficit of good games, but they've got plenty of good games now. I own Mario Kart, OoT 3D, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Super Mario 3D Land. Plus there are great games already out that I've been wanting to get such as Paper Mario, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Animal Crossing. Plus there are more games coming out for it that are top class. Personally I'm really looking forward to Fire Emblem: Awakening in February, and now I have a Pokemon game to look forward to later down the road. Plus if you don't like much of the games for it you could always check out the Nintendo eShop and get really good downloadable games for cheap, and since the eShop carried over all the games from the DSi, the library is quite expansive and the quality is good as well.

With the price drop, I feel that the 3DS is worth buying now more than ever. And considering that the DSi XL was once more costly than the 3DS is I don't see why families that could afford one of the DS models when it was new can't afford this with a trade-in or from just buying one used. Pokemon is far from dying, and X and Y can only serve to further boost the sales of the 3DS.

P.S. can't wait for the inevitable "Pokemon Z" announcement. XD