View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM
DLMuerte
Warrior of the Tower

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
The DS/DS Lite/DSi are all dying systems now. The 3DS has been out for roughly two years I believe, and until now, GameFreak had yet to announce a main title Pokémon game for the 3DS. And I believe Nintendo wasn't very pleased with GameFreak when they had released B2/W2 for the DS systems either. GameFreak was bound to release a new generation for the 3DS at some point, and announcing one for 2014 is really pushing it when the 3DS would be going on almost 3 years.

At the start of New Years, Pokémon announced that they were taking on new leaps and bounds and expanding the world of Pokémon this year. In order to do that, and on the 3DS system, things were bound to change. However, as different as it looks, the mechanics itself - such as the battling system - seems to operate the same other than its new look.

As far as R/S remakes, I've been eagerly anticipating a remake of the Hoenn region ever since HG/SS was announced, but just because it wasn't released during the 5th Gen, doesn't mean it won't happen. It may just happen during this new generation of Pokémon, and by the look of the graphics on Pokémon X and Y, I couldn't be more pleased about that.

The mascot for Pokémon X does look pretty cool doesn't it? I like that one a lot. I can't change your mind on the starters though. We all have our own opinions about a Pokémon's design. I for one actually really like all three starters this generation. I can't say the same about Gen V.
I agree. Especially about RSE. I'd definitely be interested to see the same graphics in the RS remakes, as it would make them feel fresh, like a new adventure.

Now I know that my purchase of the 3DS isn't in vain (disregarding PMD 3) XD

I actually think the starters look fine. I don't know about you, but I like them all except for the grass type... but of course what other idea would you have for the grass type? There isn't much you can do. And plus, with a fox you can't POSSIBLY make it a fire/fighting, so the starters look absolutely fresh...

...except for the frog... It looks a lot like it would be the Tympole evolution line's cousin.

Yamagi Sosuke: I could get naked again
Sephear: no
Yamagi Sosuke: I think that would work swell

YA | Vale | S: WoF | SAO: S | RR