• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I never really liked Virizion so I don't like the deer-thingy but the Y-dragon is derpy... does anyone else want a legendary fish pokemon? Not a whale like Kyogre, but a monstrous fish with fangs and a tailfin that could *****-slap a Wailord. :D

Last edited:
Years
From the screenshot, the Y Pokemon looks god awful... ):

The X Pokemon looks way cool!! Reminds me of Harry Potter's patronus. :3

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Hello, Princess Mononoke Forest Deer God Thing!

I really like them both. Reshiram and Zekrom were SICK, and these are under them but I think they're still fantastic. Obviously I prefer the deer/elk, but the red vulture/dragon/mutant thing is awesome, too. Great designs this time around!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I like the deer one a lot, actually. :3 It's much more appealing to me than the flying Y~ I will probably pick that one up but I'll have to see what exclusive features it has!

Aside from legendary tree. Try saying that out loud. A legendary tree Pokémon. FMITA but that sounds stupid.

Sudowoodo.. heck yeah.

Quasar Infinity

Bloodskal Bladesman
Years
Judging by how difficult it is to tell what type the legendaries are, perhaps they are implementing tri-type pokemon. It would be a lot easier to guess their typing if this were true.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Totally calling
Dark/Flying
Grass/Steel

Anyhow...
did anyone else notice THE SHINY BRIGHT LIGHTS ON THE ANTLERS OF X?

I'm pretty sure I figured what they represent.
DNA.jpg

The 4 DNA bases.
A T C G

Now if only I could figure what creepy life-sucking thing Y is supposed to resemble, and why it has 5 claws on each wing/tail....

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I don't really know my position on these new legendaries, but I can say I was disappointed on the final frames of both of them. I thought the flying Pokemon was amazing until I saw those really weird wings and claws on the end of them. The reindeer (or whatever it is) was also amazing until I saw the extremely oversized peacock stuck to it's head. I think they should have removed those overly extravagant features and the Pokemon might have been a bit more interesting for me. I'm still looking forward to what role they play and how they actually look in game.

Years
Damn that dragon vulture thing looks cool but...but...LOOK AT THAT MAJESTIC BEAST.
The colours and those horns and it's over design just <33 it seriously looks like a god, reminds me of the Qilin/Qirin from 'Princess Mononoke".

I'm thinking the red beast will maybe be, ghost/dark/fire/flying/dragon
and the blue stag may be,
steel/phychic/water/dragon/electric
maybe even new types or multiple/tri types.

I was thinking earlier, since dna was involved in black and white 2 alot, maybe they represent the chromosomes in a way? Or even genes or life, the stag looks like it could be a life god, and the flying thing a death god?

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I would love to have a snake type legendary, that would be cool. But for the ones we've seen, honestly, I like both. At first I thought the bird was a Mandibuzz though, and the bottom looked kind of weird. I also like the Deer legendary, but its antlers are a bit too big imo...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I can copy and paste my post from the thread that I made (which was closed because this thread already existed and 'cause I didn't look hard enough). Alright, here it was:

Technically, I think the one in Pokémon X will be a Water/Steel type (or Light/Steel type if the Light type is introduced) and it's name would be Xilicon (combination of X and Silicon), while the one in Pokémon Y would be a Fire/Flying type and would be called Yulture (combination of Y and vulture).

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I just hope that the flying one isn't Flying-Dragon (or Dragon at all unless it's something totally unique). I'd be down for a Poison-Dragon if it came down to it for the flying one.

I'd also be somewhat disappointed if the other one is water or fighting in any combination (again, unless it's something totally unique (Water-Fire finally?))

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I'm pretty confident to say that a legendary 'Z' Pokemon would be a snake-like Pokemon.

I'm going to stick with the theory that these legendaries are based off the three dimensions (x, y, z) instead of chromosomes, or whatever.

X represents length, and is a land-based legendary.
Y represents height, and is a sky-based legendary.
Z represents depth, so I have a good feeling about a sea-snake sort of legendary.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I'm pretty confident to say that a legendary 'Z' Pokemon would be a snake-like Pokemon.

I'm going to stick with the theory that these legendaries are based off the three dimensions (x, y, z) instead of chromosomes, or whatever.

X represents length, and is a land-based legendary.
Y represents height, and is a sky-based legendary.
Z represents depth, so I have a good feeling about a sea-snake sort of legendary.

I doubt it, I mean if each is a game mascot and the X&Y logos have DNA strands in them, I'm finding it hard to believe that X & Y stand for dimensional axis rather than gender-based chromosomes.

Maybe Z = Mewthree? ;D
Yeah, no. >_>

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Y's legendary look like some boss from MonsterHunter !

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Just remember guys: color does not equal type.

Cause I saw several posts saying for X to be Water??

Ya know, for starters color is a clear indication, but by now, everyone should have figured out that as far as the epic legendaries go, their color is barely ever related to their type. Its always more about the concepts and ideas behind their designs.

So even though there is not a single green bit on X, I'm convinced it will turn out Grass type.

Back