View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I would love to see a Light type introduced, 'cause honestly... there's no weakness to Ghost/Dark type Pokémon like Spiritomb and Sableye. Unless a Pokémon uses Foresight, Lock-on or Odor Sleuth on those Pokémon... it's impossible to deal Super Effective damage to those Pokémon.

So I think it's about time Generation VI introduced a Light type. 'Cause you think about it... a light bulb lights up a room, which means light defeats Dark. And plus... Ghosts like to hang out in dark areas, so they hate light. Same would apply if there was a Light type, which would mean X4 the damage done if a Light type attack was used against Spiritomb or Sableye. Every Pokémon has to have weakness, but those are the only Pokémon that don't, so it would have to be fair if a Light type was introduced.
Sableye and Spiritomb's stats make them easy enough to contest with. And really if they wanted to remove the no weakness, all they have to do is remove Ghost's resistance to Bug. The Bug types would just be SE to Dark in the match up and they's have a weakness. But again, none of the Dark/Ghost have ever been game breaking enough to deserve a type chart reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
Well, not necessarily. Pokemon of previous generations have had their typings adjusted in the past, so if a new type were to be introduced, who's saying Pokemon from Gen I - V, won't change?
Only Pokemon that got a type change was Magnemite to add to the number of Steel types in Gen 2. Its the only Pokemon with a full type change other than Rotom getting a partial type change when it changes forms to limit its battle capabilities.