View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

Quote:
I still don't understand how to know when the animation starts and end, is there any other way? or can someone explain it? D:
It begins at where the animation's pointer points to and ends at the 08 command. Since non-terminating 08s are rather common, what I usually do is just grab around x200 bytes, move it into free space, and chop bits off until the game crashes. There's probably a more efficient way to do this but it works. Also note that a few animations (I think Comet Punch) end in jumps instead of 08 commands.

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't understand what byte you are talking about to change the pallete you don't mean one these bytes for example 00 B1 27 when loading something I don't remember what
This really isn't specific enough for me to help you. The 00 command loads palette and image data. basially, if you change an effect's image or palette data to XX YY, then you'll need to have an 00 XX YY command before the effect gets called, otherwise you'll have either borked image data, a borked palette (solid black), or both. If you've ever broken an animation such that it has solid black rectangles floating around, this is what I'm talking about- avoiding this is why you need the 00 command.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split