View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
Also, that is not what I'm referring to when I say "real 3D", when I say "real 3D", I'm talking about the parallax barrier autostereoscopy display the 3DS utilizes, and allows for stunning glasses-free 3D. Your engine, while it is impressive, is nowhere near that. Your engine resembles what the map scene in B/W looks like - we're one year behind that, and GameFreak took it up several notches. I'm saying that there is no point to try to emulate that stage, the 3DS one. As I said before, it is too much work for a fangame. If I was doing things like that, I'd invest my time and effort into a lucrative game.
Oh. In that case, what's the point? Barely anyone has a 3D computer monitor. When I think of gaming, I do not think about 3D, it's only a gimmick. I honestly forgot that the 3DS had this feature.

I can easily change the map scene in a matter of an hour. Besides, as soon as rips start flying across the internet, it would be very easy to change stuff (perhaps even easier than spriting). Changing the way the character looks would be as easy as changing a single 64x64 texture and then you're done. Seems easier to modify to me.