View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdisney View Post
Excuse me for my ignorance, but I have searched for an answer with no luck.

There are 2 versions, with different pokemon. Now lets say I start playing the Main Version, while my friend plays the Complement Pokedex Version. Will we be able to trade pokemon with each other? And would he be able to trade me charmander or another pokemon that isnt included in the version im playing? As well as me trading him pokemon which arent included in his version?

I am wondering because the pokedex only holds 386 and when you include the pokemon in the other version it will be well over that number. For now Im assuming you cant, which sucks because I want charmander, but I hope one of you tell me different. Thanks.

edit: Also what about battling, if not are there any hacked ROMS out there that support it?
It's a hacked ROM, that's why on-line battling and trading is most likely not supported.
If it was, it would probably act as Emerald core which means you would be battling with Pokémon that were replaced by new ones.
That also answers your another question, if trading was possible and your friend e.g. traded you his Charmander, you would get Charmander's data which are represented by Chimchar.
In other words you would get a Chimchar.
Each Pokémon is represented by its data, you cannot have more than 386+25 Pokémon in one ROM (although there are guys who are working on extended Pokédex but for now, only 411 can be insterted)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List