Thread: [Gallery] Elaynii's Junk
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013 (4:53 AM).
Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Crystal Tier
Nature: Adamant
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Man, all your 'mons are designed very well! The colors and designs on each one looks as if it was thought out thoroughly, and each were not overcomplicated or super simplified. I'm especially loving that fire peacock and hydrake!

Also I was wondering where you learned to draw like that? It looks almost identical to Sugimori's art style. I want to try my hand at this!
Thank you!

I've had some help down the road, but I have had practice of my own. The co-owner of my game also helped me immensely with shading and designing, so I can't take all the credit. Sadly, he left and now I'm on my own. I'll be posting my art here to get more feedback, but due to what I've gotten, people seem to like it!

As for Sugimori's style, I stalk his Twitter account. He has a lot of pictures that he has uploaded in his style, and I study them there. I also lurk on Bulbapedia and just stare at all of his official art. His style is a peculiar one, and it's one that takes getting used to. I think it took me a good year or two to get it down. I'm still experimenting with it now. The key is to never give up, and you'll eventually get it down!

Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Truest statement posted in this thread.

Ęℓαчиıı, your art is fantastic. It's so authentic to Sugimori's style.. If someone told me this (I'm just using that one as an example, this comment applies to all of them) was a Gen VI Pokemon, I'd believe it. Even the names are believable. Moreover, they just make sense. Your Charoyal seems to pair perfectly with Honchcrow, imo. You have a amazing talent for reproducing Sugimori's art style while still being unique and completely your own. It goes without saying that your line work is immaculate, your color choices are perfect, and your eye for lighting / shadows is absolutely flawless. I am super, super impressed. And equally surprised that I haven't commented on this thread before! :o I'd love to see you do more Pokemon landscape work. Flocks of these guys in the wild with sunsets and whatnot.

If I were you, I'd sell your work and make some serious money. Can't wait to see that game your developing. If I read correctly, the link is in your signature, right? You've got serious raw talent. Can't wait to see more! n_n;

Got any ideas for a pseudo-legend yet?
You brought a tear to my eye...
Thank you SO much for the kind words, they really do mean a lot to me! ♥

As I told Sunfished, I cannot talk ALL the credit. I am on my own now, but I have once again gotten myself motivated. The loss of my co-owner pretty much turned me off to everything, but thanks to the kind, yet blunt people on deviantART, I'm right back in the game! Before I verify any sort of concept, I ask my good friend hourglasshero. He is where I got my motivation to become a Fakémon artist. Charoyal is one of my favorite concepts by far, with the exception of Purleaf. Sugimori's style takes quite a while to replicate. I spend at least two hours working on a single picture, unless I'm excited about it. To be honest, colors are where I have a lot of trouble at. I spend at least thirty minutes picking base colors and then I end up changing them ten times. Landscapes are my weak point, sadly. :K I'm one of those people who are never satisfied with a base sketch anything and end up changing it or throwing it away. I will give that a shot, though! Yes, the link to my game thread is in my signature!

I do have the regional "pseudo legendary" Dragon Pokémon concept. The basic and first stage are done, but I'm drafting the second stage. Knowing me, it'll take months for me to draw that out. @w@;