View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierddude22 View Post
Been a while since i was here

Anyway, this is a script for fire-red that i can't seem to find out what is wrong with it

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1004
if 0x1 goto @rest
release
end

#org @rest
clearflag 0x1004
message @mess 0x6
release
end

#org @mess
= MOVE OUT TO THE CAVERN!

It freezes when it gets to the clearflag command.
Also it is on the green S tiles in A-Map

Thanks in advance
I feel like I've said this a lot lately, but I don't mind answering again, even though it's only two posts above.

Anyways, in XSE, this doesn't work:

msgbox @whatever 0x6

I don't know why it doesn't, was this feature in an earlier XSE? Anyways, you need to callstd.
The correct XSE way is:

msgbox @whatever
callstd 0x6

(or "boxset 0x6" if you prefer)

By the way, I love your picture.

Edit: I am adding this all of my old posts dealing with callstd instead of an inline command. Jambo51 enlightened me to the fact that I was using an old XSE (v. 1.0.0) in which inline msgbox commands are not supported and you must callstd. In v. 1.1.1, the inline commands such as MSG_NORMAL are supported. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartierGenerale View Post
Hello,

i'm not able to find the script where the hero receive the World Map in Pokemon Ruby. So i'm not able to give to hero the world map in the place i want in my hack rom.

So the my questions are these two:

1. Where can i find the offset for the script where the hero receive the world map in Ruby?
2. If i don't have the above, do you known the way for give the world map to the hero?

ps. i'm using PKSV, but if u have only script for XSE is the same.

Thanks a lot, bye bye
When you say world map, I'm assuming you are talking about the Pokenav. This isn't an item, like the Town Map in Firered, rather it is flag set by Mr. Stone. Through a quick search, I found it in Seth's XSE tutorial. The flag that needs to be set is 0x802.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; January 16th, 2013 at 10:41 AM.