Thread: [Gallery] idea dump
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Thank you so much for the feedback, Alexial. No worries about the length of your message, the more to read the better!

As I stated in the original post, I'm an untrained artist...so if I've ignored any rules, it's because I don't know of them. :) I can explain the scarf: it's actually bunched up skin. I do appreciate you noting the shirt, I would like to start focusing less on faces and more on other details; though one could argue I intentionally left the shirt blank to draw attention to everything else, but that really wasn't the case. I honestly didn't know what else to do with the shirt :p I can't promise I'll allow rules and boundaries to enter my work, I'm just not that kind of artist...but I will certainly keep your advice in mind, especially when I struggle. Also, thank you for respecting my tendency to break certain rules :p

I'm flattered that you mentioned TS Eliot to aid you in describing the emotion drawn from my stuff. Dark and surreal with a hint of fantasy are indeed what I was going for.

Thank you again!