View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Arlo

I've long assumed that the sort of skewing of types in gens IV and V was a result of GF carefully bringing in new things in order to expand the dex while working with the physical/special split and trying to keep the games themselves reasonably balanced. Basically that they've been adding things a little at a time rather than all at once.

I only hoped that that was the case when gen IV was out, but I've come to believe that it really is mostly because gen IV was notably short on new Fire types, but gen V probably introduced more new Fire types than any previous one, as if the groundwork was laid, so it was time to bring in the new ones. Gen V though probably had the smallest selection of new Water types of any, and gen IV wasn't much better in that respect. I suspect that just like we saw a rush of new fire types in gen V, we'll see quite a few new waters in gen VI (sorry Forever). Beyond that, I'm not sure, and I don't have any specific preferences beyond what I always like to see - interesting dual-types.