View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013 (9:15 AM).
Still missing that hair
Nature: Quirky
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Either that, or Smogon should've had the balls to actually ban it back when it was first released. Take every description on Smogon of NU Pokémon with a 4x weakness to Rock and it'll say they're only NU because of Stealth Rock (Charizard being the biggest example).

I remember the 4th gen pre-release discussion threads on Smogon very well, and everyone agreed that Stealth Rock made a lot of Pokémon very difficult to use properly. But they chose not to ban it, and the biggest counter to Steel types (Fire) was severely weakened by the introduction of the move. I remember discussing this in another forum and mentioning the only Pokémon in OU with a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock is Volcarona, which despite the 4x weakness, is a powerhouse with huge Special stats and Quiver Dance.
To be fair, Fire types have been suffering since the very beginning of the series before Stealth Rock came along to seal the final nail in the coffin. There was not a single a Fire type in OU for the first two gens, and the only Fire type who made it to OU for Gen III was Houndoom.
R.I.P. Serena's long hair (2013-2015)