View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013 (09:43 AM).
Ryoutarou
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Did they ever specify that the "more Doctor Who than ever" part was about the current TV series? 'Cause I know there's a bunch of extras coming around to celebrate the 50th anniversary. A series of short stories about each Doctor written by a popular children's author is in the works, I believe a second anniversary special with multiple Classic Doctors has been announced, plus the regular season (well, the end of the regular season at least), probably Moffat's 50th special, Christmas, then any other hype from the Anniversary (like those snazzy stamps they announced the other week). It looks like the franchise is getting a lot of merch/hype this year so maybe that's what they meant...?
I would think so. Moffat did make the claim that the series was going to be in production longer than ever and that they were specifically pushing the show back so it could air on autumn and winter nights where the episode airs when it's dark out and that...kind of happened. The longer production bit could just mean that season 7 has a longer production period because of the weird way the episodes are spread out, but I kind of think he would be a bit more clear on the matter if that was the case. I mean, half the fandom could be jumping to conclusions, but it just seems like something that would be addressed if that was the case.