View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:19 AM).
the blossom pokémon
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
Now this is something I'd love to see. The episodes where he was working with James Corden or with Donna's granddad were great, I loved the dynamic of him having a male assistant as it cut out all of the constant flirting and made it more about "We've got a job to do, let's do it in an awesome way!"
I liked Donna herself for this too! She and the Doctor were just BFFs, no romance required. A lot of the male companions (temporary or not) we see with the Doctor are a little too go-with-the-flow for me. Rory was great, but he pretty much followed orders 100% and if he were travelling alone with the Doctor, he wouldn't amount to very much I don't think. Wilf was awesome too but he was also just along for the ride.

I think my favourite male companion was Jack although it doesn't really get rid of the whole flirting angle. :P But I always felt Jack was very different from any of the female companions with a crush just because of his character. No drama, no expectations, he just flirted with EVERYONE and that happened to include the Doctor as well so... does it even count?
Quote:
Ehh this sums up my thoughts about Moffat too. The change of writers really didn't benefit the show well. I can't see him changing this for the new companion though, if anything it's just going to get worse now that he's past his introductory period and he has a character that he's controlled from the start to play around with.
I know... I'm trying to stay positive though because I want to still like the series. I do like Clara and I want to keep liking her, but I just have such low expectations for Moffat's writing that I fully expect her to be River/Amy in a new skin and I'm also preparing myself for that. :/