View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013 (12:09 PM).
The Loneliest Cubone

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by manutdrule:
hmm i think this kinda has been done before...in pokemon brown i believe? but not to the full extent of this mod

still nice work
Well that's sort of true. KBM's Brown uses 6x6 backsprites, but that is the only feature that I included that is also in Brown.
Brown has a few additional palettes added for the Pokemon, but this hack includes enough palettes for all Pokemon and trainers.
This hack includes several things in full color, like the Pokeballs in a battle, the PC box list, the Pokedex, or the Oak intro.
Even though his hack included 6x6 back sprites, most of the front sprites still came from Gen I which I do not think look appealing, although I understand why he had to do that, because those were the only sprites that worked with the original palettes, since he did not add enough palettes for all Pokemon.
Also, every single sprite in Brown has the bottom right tile missing. Something that takes away from the visual appeal. I'm pleased to say my hack's sprites work wonderfully.
So it's not exactly like an improved version of the graphics side of Brown. It's just different.
And I'm not trying to bash on Brown at all. It is amazing and it is the most creative, exciting hack I've ever played. It is what got me interested in hacking, and it was my inspiration to create something like this.

Quote originally posted by Myc Shredder:
This sounds pretty cool! I'm giving it a try right away.
Thanks alot! Let me know what you think of it, please!

Hacks made from my Pokémon Red - Gen. II Graphics Patch (V2.0 JUST RELEASED):
Pokemon Red Proud Eyes [Skeetendo Link] by break
Pokemon Grape [Skeetendo Link] by 80C
Pokémon Red: Battle Factory [Skeetendo Link] by ShantyTown
Pokemon Ruthless Red and Pokemon Brutal Blue by ScytherTM
Pokemon Ice Blue by Dradier234
Pokemon Tough Red by slim spazzy
Pokemon Red: Legends by BroskiRage
Administrator of The