View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013 (03:09 PM).
BlueShellBeast
Rodent User

Nature: Relaxed
Mind if I join you guys? I'm just an awkward transguy mindlessly wandering about his life.

Quote originally posted by LaVida:
Yes, I understand that labels are really there to make other people understand you better. But you see, I often see people who are badly trying to figure themselves out. They ask questions like "Am I homosexual or bisexual?" This is when I ask myself "At this moment, is it really so important to put a label on yourself?"
I just want to comment on this one. I think that 'labels' are really important things for both getting people to understand quicker (they can quickly google it and find out what it's about) and you can get some closure once you finally figure it out from both an outside community and an online community. I know when I finally had a word for what I was, I was finally able to relax over the 'What am I?' portion of my mind that was asking that.

I also don't quite think that it truly limits you, unless you go ahead and limit yourself. I mean, a bunch of words can't keep you from doing the things that you want to do. Of course, you have the right to disagree with me.