View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:36 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
You know what I miss? Seeing a table with three Pokéballs on it and choosing your starter that way.
People say that was clichéd and typical, but we haven't seen that since Gen 2 (HGSS in Gen 4 kinda count but since they were remakes of an original adventure, I'm excluding them).

In Gen 3, we had to pick them out of a bag to save the professor. In Gen 4 we had to pick them out of a bag to save ourselves. In Gen 5, I guess it was close enough to the 'table' way, in that you chose one of three. But then you immediately proceed to battle Bianca, and then Cheren.

Personally, I hope that you go to the Professor's lab or whatever (whoever that Professor may be), and choose a starter, then you're sent on your way to the next town or something. No "HEY BATTLE ME STRAIGHTAWAY NAOW!!!!". I think GSC/HGSS had the best setup- you pick your starter and just go around with it for a while, battling wild Pokemon and just chilling out. I'd like something like that in X and Y.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.