View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2013 (8:30 AM). Edited January 14th, 2013 by Powerflare.
Silver Tier

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
The flag doesn't work because that one is simply way beyond what is should be. You should be using flags in the are of 0x200 rather than 0x9000+.

Edit: Just figured out you were hacking Emerald so some of my stuff was wrong
I'm hacking FireRed. I actually started with flags at 9000 because I had no idea of where to start and was asking anyone of my hacking "team" and someone said to start at "over 9000." Is there a particular reason that flags that high don't work? I used a flag 0x9000 that works. (I'm gonna triple check that one to make sure it's still working properly). Come to think of it, 0x9004 worked too.

However, now that I think about it, I had a previous hack project with flags that worked around 0x1000. Will 0x1000-0x2000 work? I'm gonna go change the faulty Magikarp flag and even the high flags that seemingly worked.

PS: Any explanation about the nickname failure though?

EDIT: I fixed my script by changing the flag to 0x1006, the special to 0x9E, and I added in lock in a few other places in the script to keep Mr. Antsy Pants from moving when he shouldn't have been. Thanks for all of your help guys, I appreciate it! ;D