View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2013 (9:19 PM).
Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I thought I read a case of a 17 year old baby a few years ago. Hm. Anyway, that's not very good really. The parents never get a break in that case, and I can't imagine how it would be when they pass away. And if she has younger siblings, how do they introduce her? "This is my big sister!" "But she's like...five." "...Yeah, I know." Or even the parents introducing her to people as the oldest child (assuming she is anyway). idk. That's just crazy. I feel bad for her really. Like...does she go to school and stay in the same grade for years and years? I wonder if she understands any of this...I mean kids are kids, but they're not stupid. She has to realize "Why do my friends grow older but not me?" and omg friends...her friends grow up without her. :( That must be rough having to make new friends...

Okay I'm thinking too much and I'm gonna make myself upset over this. :(
Being different doesn't have to be a bad thing. I'm sure they've accepted and adjusted to their circumstances by now, and I highly doubt this child questions her being to that extent. Even if she did, it's what she knows. It's who she is- like people who are blind, or orphaned, or with tourettes syndrome, what have you- and if she is to be made "normal" by doctors she will have contributed a ton to science. I think she is very special, and I have no doubt their family is very proud and opimistic. They have to be. Related articles give evidence that the family shows nothing but love for their child/sister and describe her as very happy, as I stated in my previous post. (Excuse my passion. I'm in rillo heaven.)