• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chatroom Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Java IRC applets are dreadful, as well is Mibbit for that matter, you should definitely consider switching to LightIRC (Flash) or Iris (Python using the twisted frame work). LightIRC is a lighter (excuse the pun) faster and cleaner client which is easier to navigate the Java or Mibbit, while Iris has some cool features, like a channel cloud rather than a list, as well as the ability to add tabs to the chat box itself.

lucerne trandain
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
I hope this isn't threat revival, but Mirc gives me this and I can't connect, only happens with system net. I followed the tutorial to set it up, but it still won't work.

* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
* Connect retry #1 lava.systemnet.info (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #2 lava.systemnet.info (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #3 lava.systemnet.info (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #4 lava.systemnet.info (6667)
-

[and so on]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
lava.systemnet might be down - try irc.systemnet.info, port 6667 instead of lava (or reshiram.systemnet.info, and there's some other systemnet ones too).

Red99

World Champion
Years
One day, I was on chat, and my computer started glitching. It sent maybe 3 or 4 random 1-letter messages, then people started accusing me of spamming. Me, being new, didn't want to argue, and they didn't believe me anyways, so I just quit and haven't been on since. Any help?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What exactly is it that you need help with? Aren't you able to get on or something?

Oh, so you're afraid that people will get mad at you if you get on the chat again? Well, don't worry, even if people still remember it, I don't think anyone will pay it any mind as long as it doesn't happen again, and since it wasn't your fault, it doesn't really count :/

But feel free to get on the chat again, I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to see more people in there :)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Trust me, no one has a grudge against you for something like that. :)

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Apparently mibbit will not work for me to access #PokemonClubs any help please? It just stays at the loading page forever. (and no, i'm not banned there either) :(

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Apparently mibbit will not work for me to access #PokemonClubs any help please? It just stays at the loading page forever. (and no, i'm not banned there either) :(

Oh are you using FireFox? That's what it does for me too, for quite some time now, Google Chrome is where I reside now as my default browser (As it works there, but I don't even use it anymore lol). But I would give Chatzilla a try if you want to remain with FireFox (can still use it if you change to Chrome & whatnot). Given that when you mentioned in chat that your only link to go to #PokemonClubs was through #thepokecommunity, you can actually set them both at "Open this Channel at Startup" everytime you come online rather than using the /join command, everytime.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
hi i just joined for the first time and it wont let me chat why?

Can you describe exactly what the problem you're having is? There are quite a few reasons why you might not be able to chat so if you can tell us what exactly you're doing and what results you're getting, it'd be a lot easier for us to help you out.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
it says i am not on a channel

Hm. If it's letting you type anything, then try typing "/join #thepokecommunity", without the speech marks. Your IRC client might let you tell it to join #thepokecommunity in other ways, though, depending on which one it is.

Years
Well, I'm stumped.
When I go to the chat, it tells me to install Java. Now, I've done this multiple times, and it does nothing.
So can anyone help me? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back