View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2013 (04:37 PM). Edited January 16th, 2013 by karatekid552.
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Dragoon:
I tried doing these actions, and I also compiled the script into a backup of the rom, and even a fresh new rom, but I still freeze before getting into town, so it dismissed my idea that the rom was bad.
Again, here's the script, with the appropriate changes.

Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x730420

#org @start
checkflag 0x1216
if 0x1 goto @done
showsprite 0xA
applymovement 0xA @whoops
applymovement 0xFF @what
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @sorry 0x4
fanfare 0x100
special 0x0
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2 0x0 @battle @lose @next
end

#org @done
end

#org @next
msgbox @go 0x6
applymovement 0xA @walk
applymovement 0xFF @bye
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xA
setflag 0x1216
setvar 0x5000 0x1
end

#org @sorry
= Oh, sorry about that! I didn't see\nyou there!\lHey, you seem like a capable\ltrainer...\lHow about we battle? Don't worry\lI'll heal you.

#org @battle
= Now that I've healed you,\nlet's battle!

#org @lose
= Wow! You're pretty good!

#org @go
= That was a good battle!\nBy the way, my name is Brandon.\lI think you have lots of potential\las a trainer...\lWell, I have to go.\lBye!

#org @whoops
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @what
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @walk
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @bye
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE
I compiled your script and it works beautifully without sprite 0xA. It also works great when sprite 0xA isn't hidden. However, as soon as I hide it, and it comes into view, the game crashes. In fact, any hidden sprite on screen in Viridian City causes the game to crash. Why? I have no clue! I will keep looking into this.

Edit: This happens in more places than Viridian City... Could the hidden option be corrupt??

Edit2: Confirmed. This happens everywhere with hidden option number 1, the other two hidden options on the movement list work and don't crash the game, however, they refuse to obey the showsprite command or the raw show command used with an applymovement.

Edit3: haha, I made it work. Okay, you need to use the 3rd Hidden option in the list and type 4B in the movement box below. Now, remove the showsprite command from your script and instead add "#raw 0x61" to the top of the movement @whoops. This is the show command foe FireRed. (I was using Ruby commands for edit 2, wrong list)

A couple of notes. A green s-tile script will not run on entering the map. You are going to have to turn this into a level script somehow if you want it to happen when leaving the pokecenter. Also, if you don't open the door for sprite 0xA, it's going to be weird. I have some ideas on how to do both, so if you can't figure it out, pm me.

Paired with Simba