View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:28 PM
WinterKirby

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookiiushidesu View Post
So, I have a really bad crash I keep running into, and I don't know why.....
Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

Game_Character_1:198:in `screen_z'

Sprite_Character:148:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:430:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

Sprite_Character:37:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

PerspectiveTilemap:424:in `shadow_initialize'

Shadow:152:in `initialize'

Spriteset_Map:162:in `new'

Spriteset_Map:162:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

Spriteset_Map:161:in `each'

This exception was logged in 

C:\Users\Aldrian Kain\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   
I searched this in the Wiki, and I've searched on Google. There was someone in this thread that brought either exactly the same error or something very close, but no one responded to him.

It only seems to be happening in my Viridian City. It happened on both V10 and V11. Only in Viridian, too. Doesn't happen to Pallet. I have even completely remade a new map with the same graphics as that one and transferred everything over I've checked to make sure the tile you come out on is walkable, etc. I've tested to see if it happens in daytime and night. Nothing seems to work, and I don't know what I'm missing. I am supposed to let some people play a demo soon, and I can't have this error wrecking that playtest. If anyone can help that would be amazing.
Thanks
I've run into that same error. It has something to do with one of your events and its graphics. Try deleting each and every event until you figure out which one.

For example, I had modified the PC event to light up when you use it, but when I copied it into a different map, they had different tilesets so the graphics didn't transfer. So any map that had that event, except for the original, would crash with that error.

Try to find an event that you copied from a different map that had a different tileset.