Thread: Red hack: Pokémon Prototype
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:27 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-E 33 View Post
But I don't want to keep the layout of the map identical because I don't want it to be the same old same old game that we've all played a thousand times. I think redesigning the maps with my own creativity and fresh ideas is one of the best ways to make playing a game exciting and interesting - but I still want it to be Kanto.
Personally, I think the name of the region should be changed as the map doesn't look like Kanto at all (although you can probably guess what most maps there are based on, due to not heavily "re-scripting" everything).

Other than that, have you thought about adding in new events and creating scripts for them? It shouldn't be that difficult to add in simple "give pokemon" events, new trainer battles and such. After all, Sawakita made those small demonstrations on how to do things some could call scripting. In GS, there is plenty of unused ram space for new stuff to be added in without replacing anything already implemented, ought to be in RB as well.

Also one other thing cool to have would be Running Shoes disabling bike there. You could probably use a similar routine to that of what KBM introduced for Gold and Silver. Debug where you can add it and insert new stuff there.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations