Thread: [Discussion] Thoughts on a Community Project?
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Well, I really don't mind as how this is handled. I'm most likely just going to stay by the side lines and help the development progress forwards.

However, here was what I had in mind when you mentioned "leaders":

First off, there would be a main leader, the one who controls how the project be executed. This guy would have to keep an eye on how the project would be doing at all times. then, we have a group of people who are in charge of adding in the content, aka the programmers. The programmers should each have a particular job, mostly something they are good at, like the scripter or the one who adds in content. This small group would pass the game around among themselves, with the main leader being able to see the progress and keep them in line.

Then we have the class leaders, the ones who control a certain "class". These guys would first make some sort of post that gathered up ideas that pertained to their class, then afterwards put up a voting system that anyone can vote in. The class leader would then present what they deemed noteworthy and important from the votes to the programmers to add in.

And of course we need some sort of way to keep track of all thats been approved and in the queue of adding, which i think the leader whould be in charge of.

Doing it this way allows almost everyone to be able to participate and add in only the most popular content, without making the community feel like the project has a strict judgment on content, since its more of a popular vote thing. Doing it the pass-it-around way is far longer and many ranges of content is added, leaving the game more like a random garbled mess.
But with the pass-around idea, if someone sees something that looks off, they'll ask, and improve it to a better standard. I've come to realize the group idea would take a long time to organize and put into actions.

Like Maruno said this group would work better if it was simply a sign in, work for a week to try things out and go. Maybe come back if you liked it.
So, more of a taster maybe, for new Developers to try their hands at a Fan game, without the hassle of work on a story and stuff.