Thread: [Discussion] Thoughts on a Community Project?
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013 (06:12 PM). Edited January 17th, 2013 by Nintendork15.
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Two things I'll be curious of:

Who's the 'Leader' going to be?
Of course this will most likely come down to voting (or some other method, feel free to suggest, of course the Leader would need to be fully motivated and prepared to keep track of all this.

Speaking of fully motivated, if the 'Leader' were to bail and get 'out' of the project, we'd need a Co-Leader or Vice-Leader to fill in the gap or if the 'Leader' is absent for IRL purposes, for the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
But realize that this was a community project working together to make a game. unless you decided at the get-go that this should be more of a teaching thing, I only see the inevitable fate of this to be full of fighting on what to keep, lone-wolf type of programming, and just slapping things together.

My earlier post was basically a shortened down version of how real gaming industries really handle projects. And with the classes and leaders thing set up, There would be no waiting times for content to be added in, allowing for a smoother and more controlled input of features.

While it may be longer than expected, it will turn out to be better in the long run.
This isn't really a 'teaching' thing. Of course members volunteering would need to be able to know the basics of RMXP. It would more or less be a Skill testing group project, making a game at the end, but possibly and hopefully learninging what makes a good game or improving along the way how to make one.
Kind of like my college group, we start with knowing a little of GML (Game maker Language) and improve our skills, while making our own game as a submitable assignment for the end of the year.

Of course it will be long, maybe longer if required, but it'll be worth it, all games take time to be made to a marketable quality standard of course this project won't be marketed, don't wanna be sue'd now, do we?