View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Well, I won't be excited. Only reasonable explanation that new species of Pokemons arrive in an old region was a Poke-holocaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bear View Post
Why are people still asking for this? While I am fairly sure a game like that is technically possible (as in, 3DS carts have enough memory to do it, though who knows with this generation's step into 3D), it doesn't really make sense.

Traveling through one region gets you somewhere in the range of Lv50 - Lv60. Unless they pulled a GSC's Kanto with incredibly short, plotless regions after the first one, there is no way they'd be able to have a decent level curve. By the end of the second region, literally every trainer would be throwing Lv100's at you, and that's just boring.

If they take away your trained Pokemon and make you start over, how would that be different than having separate games on separate carts?

Anyway, as for the actual topic - while it is a bit obvious that we will be getting a new region, a new adventure with new Pokemon in an old region would be very interesting. I'd love to see Hoenn again with a totally different plot (personally, I'd rather see RSE sequels than RSE remakes).
Unless the level gap wasn't 100, but that would totally make the game mechanics different. Your statement about taking away your trained Pokemon to start over sound great though. The difference it makes is that you have the whole Pokemon World in just one cart (or maybe 2 for version exclusives). I also like the idea for an RSE sequel, but the remake still sounds good. They'll be forgotten bit by bit now.

Last edited by Musica; January 18th, 2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.