View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:39 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
Okay, so I don't know what's up, if I'm just not noticing something obvious with this or what, but it's happened to me before. This script won't work, that's it. The only way how I've been able to fix this problem if by switching "if 0x1" to "if 0x0", but on other scripts when I use "if 0x1" the same exact way, it works just fine. Why does this keep happening?

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x2B
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
applymovement 0x1 @mom
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @alert 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @go
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @mom1 0x6
setflag 0x2B
setflag 0x2C
setflag 0x2D
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @alert
= MOM: [player]!

#org @mom1
= You were supposed to be meeting\nPROFESSOR OAK outside so you could\lget your first POKEMON!\lGet out there so you're not\lkeeping him waiting any longer!

#org @mom
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @go
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

It means your flag is already set. There is a good chance that low number flags like 0x2B are in use by the game just to keep track of stuff. I found a list of safe flags once, but since I can't remember them all, I do know that all of the flags in the 1000's are safe and will work just fine.

As you probably already know, "if 0x1" means the if the flag is set, go to @done. "If 0x0" means if the flag is not set, go to wherever the pointer goes. So, if it checks the flag and it is set (0x1) but your script only says what to do if not set (If 0x0...) the script will just continue.

Paired with Simba