Thread: #IdleNoMore
View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2013 (9:20 AM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier
Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by droomph:
They have the right to protest. However they think will get them the most positive yet biggest attention is up to them.
That's probably the most important point right there. They have the attention, but if they're cutting off services like this to prove a point, it's just going to annoy people.
Quote originally posted by Shiny Bidoof:
Interesting. I haven't heard about these protests, so I'll have to do some reading up, but I'll say the same thing I always say about protests: they're not supposed to be convenient for the people being protested. If their voices don't get heard, then the protest is meaningless, which is probably what happened with the hunger strike. It didn't affect anyone else, so it was easier to ignore.
The Hunger Strike fell apart rather fast, but they're still doing it anyways. Well, it's not an entire food strike for those involved, it's just a liquid-only diet. But anyways, convenience is the key to this one. They have a good reason for protesting, it's just that the government isn't really doing much right now. In fact, the media are giving them more attention and spreading their cause than the Government is giving them in talking and whatnot.

je suis désolé