View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:35 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
I don't know, I just don't find Hoenn very enjoyable to play through... It seems the game wasn't very well thought out and they wanted to make a beautiful landscape but didn't make it very accessible.
Wouldn't that be a perfect reason to give it a second playthrough(ala remakes)? Though they were my favorites of the series to date, even I felt like the Hoenn story was flawed in some areas(one of the obvious things being their motives to a degree) and could do with some touching up. Along with the visuals being updated(which would serve Hoenn exceptionally well because of it's natural feel; Fortree City treehouses, Sootopolis City inside of a crater, the soot falling near Fallarbor Town, etc.) this could be an opportunity to erase (some of) that odd hate towards Gen III and for it to be more of an improvement than just visuals(which remakes should be anyways).

Just as Johto got some new areas(though I agree with others on that argument about HGSS not being needed but...yea), Hoenn also had plenty of inaccessible islands/areas located on the map that they could throw in some extras with.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922

Last edited by C Payne; January 18th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.