Thread: [Essentials script] Speech bubble message system v0.6
View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 02:48 PM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
If you've not ignored this thread post thinking, can't be that's a hoax, then you've over come your senses to check this out. Yes, this is basically a public release, which, hoping Maruno will add it into essentials as a default feature once everything is running smoothly. This is aimed to make your game feel that closer to the originals game freak loves teasing us with. Even though it's not styled like the original games ones, this gives a more direct look into showing events talking. As by default, the messages will only appear on the bottom, not got intention right now to add in arrows for that as it's too generalized for all the scripts. Anyway, enough of my rambling, time for the actual thread.

Conditions of use:
You can modify the script, I don't mind that.
You must give credits to me, otherwise I will hunt and bug you. (Note, link will be removed if I see people breaking conditions)
Cannot claim as your own, or redistribute anywhere else without my permission.

How to use:
Simply do a script call before each message you would like to appear as a bubble like this; pbCallBub(true, eventid)
The eventid is the value listed at the top of the event page, example would be, the event ID is 001, so you would do pbCallBub(true, 1) this will direct the bubble to the screen position of event 1. The bubble will correct itself if it is going off screen. If you do not do the call, the script will assume you want the normal message window, and will display the message at the bottom of the screen.

Examples:
If video doesn't work use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zC6n3QkWlM

It given an error at the start: ---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: NoMethodError
Interpreter:542:in `get_character'
PokemonMessages*:1211:in `pbRepositionMessageWindow'
PokemonMessages*:1499:in `pbMessageDisplay'
PokemonMessages*:1019:in `pbMessage'
PokemonLoad:156:in `install'
PokemonLoad:289:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
DebugIntro:6:in `main'
Main:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Mainin `mainFunction'
Mainin `pbCriticalCode'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\M.ahmad\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Last edited by abnegation; January 20th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.