View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:42 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
I'm not sure why this spiraled so far into some scientific explanation of why something can't be evil, haha; Evil can be a pretty subjective term to a degree because what we see as evil could be seen as good by someone else and vice versa.

(ex: someone could have had a horrible experience with bad Pokemon, whether it was about them killing their family or something, then once they are older they seek to eliminate Pokemon in general. We'd at least see something like that as evil, usually regardless of the reason behind it, while they may see themselves doing good and ridding 'the evil', in this case Pokemon)

In all honesty though, true evil is probably something we wouldn't even be able to comprehend fully anyways. With that in mind, we wouldn't be able to get such a game either way, however, I think it would boil down to how dark Gamefreak would want/be willing to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
However that gives the games a humans are the only ones who can be bastards feel.
I know right? It makes me at times regret being a human in the games because humans are the ones causing all of the problems because they(in this case the bad teams) are using them as tools and the Pokemon themselves are really just natural goody goodies at heart. It would be a nice change of pace to see an 'evil' Pokemon be the mastermind behind things, even if their was some deep, deep story behind it. It doesn't even need a completely happy ending; It could just be like a typical hater and say something along the lines of 'You may have beaten me for now but this isn't the last you see of me' as it disappears.

I wish we could have something like the Darkrai from the DS Mystery Dungeon games though, now he was evil, only wanting to enshroud the world in darkness even if it meant screwing up time and space. XD Yeah, call me crazy all you want. I doubt we'd see something like that in a main game though. I was surprised Gamefreak went as far as having Ghetsis almost killing us in B2W2.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922

Last edited by C Payne; January 19th, 2013 at 06:48 PM.