View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013 (8:41 PM).
What happens if I push it?....
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
That's what I thought, but even when I change the offset to another one, the game still resets. Is there a portion in the game's free space that you just can't mess with? Am I changing descriptions too close to the bottom (I started at offset 0x900EEB)? Either way, I can't seem to fix this problem. Putting in another offset, pointing it to free space, and using an already made stock description all don't work. I'm hoping there's a solution. If not, I'm glad I have a backup game with no descriptions and saved scripts of said descriptions. :/

I'm using Pokemon Game Editor's Attack Editor and Pokemon Ruby, if that helps any.
The 0x900000's should be safe, I know that when you get up really high, there is a string of numbers about 20 bytes long every 1000 or so bytes, don't know what it does, but it shouldn't be a problem if you descriptions are inserted dynamically. From your response, it is just the one move I'm guessing. What if it's not the description but one of the other details that is causing it to crash? Try looking into making sure everything else is correct also.

If worse comes to worse, just start over and make a back-up every five or so descriptions, they take up space, but it's far better than starting over many times.

Paired with Simba