Thread: Graphics.
View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqoon View Post
I don't get why people are complaining about how long the attacks took in Coliseum, XD Gale of Darkness and Battle Revolution. Didn't you all feel like awesome badasses as your avatar commanded your pokemon by pointing, and then your pokemon RESPONDED? The extra time of each attack allowed you to savor the fireblast that was being sent out. Heck, fireblast is a huge blast of fire, a big deal SHOULD be made of it.

This new game moving into 3D means that it is so much more engaging in the battles, and it looks as if battling will actually give me a real sense of satisfaction after each attack. This isn't perfect yet, but I can definitely see this moving towards the style of Coliseum. Actually having the trainer standing there in the battle is pretty darn satisfying, I have to say, and I hope this is added in a future game. I guess in a few months we might find out how battles look a little more. Note that double battles have not been shown yet, nor how attacks are selected. We'll find that out soon I hope!

Y'all need to quit complaining. This game is a million times more engaging than sprites. You can actually PARTICIPATE in the game, rather than feeling more like a bystander.
Even then, they'll most likely be an option to turn off battle animations to possibly speed up the battle. I will definitely be keeping them on personally because I agree with what you've said there. I can see why people who constantly grind would find it tedious though.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922