View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013 (10:21 PM).
For Money
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
For the people that visit them?

The NRA, and pro-gun people, would have us believe that these shows are a safe, family, event where adults can browse and buy guns, and children can learn gun safety.

These cases show that gunshows are not really a safe place - for anyone.

Quote:
MEDINA, Ohio -- Authorities say an accidental shooting at an Ohio gun show has left one man wounded.

Police in Medina (meh-DEYE'-nuh) say a gun dealer was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he'd bought Saturday when he accidentally pulled the trigger.

Police Chief Pat Berarducci (BEHR'-uh-doo-chee) says it appears the bullet struck the floor, then a longtime friend of the gun dealer. The man was wounded in the arm and leg.

Berarducci says the man was taken by helicopter to a Cleveland hospital. His condition isn't known.

Police say the gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber.

Medina is about 30 miles south of Cleveland.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/19/medina-ohio-gun-show_n_2512916.html

This case is made worse as it was the DEALER who accidently shot the man. Anyone with even the most basic amount of gun safety training would be able to tell you that you need to check the chamber, just to make sure no round was chambered.

Now, I thought that gun dealers had training in how to handle guns? I don't know, seems they would you know? I mean... You'd expect them to at least know about the product that they are selling.

Next up - Another prime example of why gun training, at least about how to safely handle and store them, needs to be required.

Quote:
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Officials say three people were wounded when gunfire erupted at a gun show at the North Carolina state fairgrounds.

It happened Saturday at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show, a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people.

State agriculture department spokesman Brian Long says a 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check it at a security entrance.

Two bystanders were hit by shotgun pellets and taken to a hospital. A retired deputy sheriff suffered a slight hand injury.

Long says the shotgun's owner, 36-year-old Gary Lynn Wilson of Wilmington, brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer.

Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison says it's too early to know whether Wilson might be charged.

The show shut down early Saturday but will reopen Sunday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/19/dixie-gun-and-knife-show-shooting_n_2512445.html

You know... If this was the good guy with the gun, then bad guy wouldn't need to waste ammo - The good guy would proably kill himself when drawing his gun. Well shotgun. But you get my point.

Come play Runescape