Thread: [Gen V] VGC Try
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2013 (01:19 PM). Edited January 20th, 2013 by Griffinbane.
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
FINALLY. The other day I was gonna suggest possible lead combinations depending on what pokemon the other team had. You've swapped your team around though so a lot of those have gone poof. If you still want that, I can work on it later.

First of all, since you already have 2 ice moves, I'd suggest changing HP Ice to HP Grass on Togekiss. I have yet to meet a Gastrodon that could beat my Togekiss without help from its teammate. But then mine is built far bulkier than yours. Nonetheless, the natural bulk on Togekiss is usually enough to allow it to land a devastating hit on Gastro. Just watch out for its partner, whatever it may be. If you want, you can try the ol' bulky Paraflinch Togekiss or Follow Me set. Both work in different ways but both are bulky enough that Gastro, Thundurus and Heatran will have trouble taking it out. Keeping old set but switching HP Ice to HP Grass will help with Gastrodon and any other water types, and Heatran will still have trouble against Togekiss.

Calm Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP|252 SpD|4 Def OR 252 HP|200 SpD|58 Def
~Thunder Wave / Nasty Plot / Body Slam
~Aura Sphere
~Air Slash
~Roost

Standard Togekiss is Standard. EVs depend on whether or not you care about physical hits. Tyranitar will still 2HKO you either way. If you're dealing with a rain team, or NOT dealing with a Trick Room team, then this will work well. 60% chance of making the opposing pokemon do nothing is cool. Unfortunately Gastrodon tanks hits, but if it doesn't carry Icy Wind, then you at least have a chance to flinch it every-so-often. You can switch Thunder Wave for something else since Cress carries it. Careful with throwing paralysis everywhere, because if it turns out your opponent is a Trick Room user, suddenly their pokemon will go first everytime.

Calm Togekiss @ Leftovers/Lum Berry/Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP|4 Def|252 SpD
~ Follow Me
~ Air Slash
~ Thunder Wave / Tailwind
~ Protect / Roost

Pulled off Smogon. Special attackers are super common in doubles, and physical attackers are rarer. If it ever comes up that your opponent has 2 special attackers on the field, Togekiss can tank attacks using Follow Me and pull pressure off your other pokemon.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Slightly edited from original set. Now you can hit opposing Gastrodon and Heatran. Heatran will still get Subs off, but it'll go down as soon as it goes up.

Haven't got much experience using the others so I can't really help there. Heatran's been a total dud in my team but then again, mine is rain, where he's utterly useless.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -